We have 2 tan Savvy Feeders with medium grates that have a slight texture. This is only cosmetic. The color is slightly off. These blemishes do not affect the safety or the performance of the feeder at all.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
The grate floats on top of the hay level goes down. The grate is held in place by heavy-duty fabric. This unique process has granted us a patent through the US Patent and Trade Office.
HOW MUCH DOES IT HOLD?
Approximately 18-22 lbs of hay.
Don't feed so much per feeding? No worries - just put in the amount of hay you need. It works just as well with 5 lbs of hay.
Keeps them eating forage 4 to 10 times longer than if thrown on the ground/floor.
Metal nameplates can be personally engraved—see our accessories page for customization and pricing options
- It only weighs 25 lbs - it's super easy to take along
- Incredibly durable - This feeder is made of a strong, slightly flexible high tech poly material that they can't destroy - even in the cold winters of North Dakota!
- The grate is made out of the same safe, slightly flexible poly material - no chipped teeth here!
- Reduce the chance of eating sand, manure, urine-soaked bedding, rocks - you name it; the Savvy Feeder keeps the hay up off the ground.
- Allows them to forage in a natural head-down position.
- Creates contentment and calmness when eating; eliminating boredom, nervousness, and frustration.
- Prolongs feeding about 4-10 times as long as eating off the ground.
- No more seeing costly hay blown away by the wind, or getting stomped on by picky eaters!
- Spend time riding instead of cleaning up that pile of wasted hay!
- And best of all, it's SAFE! The grate is slightly flexible and is designed to give if a shoe or a foot was to catch. If there is extreme pressure, the grate will pop out of the feeder. We all know that accidents can happen and that no feeder is 'fool-proof' but we sure have done our best to make this the safest hay feeder possible. We use Savvy Feeders with our own herd, 24/7, 365.